Anyone who knows me even a little – as a friend or fan on Facebook – knows how much I love quotations. Ever since I was in junior high school, I’ve collected quotes that have spoken to me.
I’ve learned that inspirational quotes are a very powerful motivator. The right words can be just the key to spur us to action, deliver inspiration, or just help us gain a clearer understanding of the world. That’s why this week’s checklist prompt is: 10 Favorite Quotes to Inspire. On my list are:
- ”To change one’s life: 1. Start immediately. 2. Do it flamboyantly. 3. No exceptions.” ~ William James
- “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand — and melting like a snow flake.” ~Sir Francis Bacon, Sr. (this one is the signature on my personal e-mail)
- “A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they are not dead, really. They’re just backing away from life. *Reach* out. Take a *chance*. Get *hurt* even. But play as well as you can. Go team, go! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me a V. Give me an E. L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room.” ~ Maude from Harold & Maude (actually I love pretty much every word Maude utters in the movie)
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- ”Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
- “Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told, ‘I am with you kid. Let’s go!’” ~Maya Angelou
- ”If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side” ~Unknown
- “Follow your bliss, and doors will open for you that you never knew existed. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
- ”Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” ~John D. Rockefeller
- ”There is one grand lie – that we are limited. The only limits we have are the limits we believe.” ~Dr. Wayne Dyer
What are your favorite inspirational quotes? What’s on your checklist? Please share them in the comments below.
P.S. Here’s a bonus quote from one of my books: The Inner Game.
Monick Paul Halm is the Chief Creative Officer at the Checklist Mom. She has made it her mission to empower women and moms to thrive in their lives, families, and career choices. She’s a busy mom of 3, certified life and career coach, author, speaker, and real estate investor. She’s a wearer of many hats, and juggler of many duties and loves connecting with our moms. You can connect with her on the Checklist Mom Facebook Page and on twitter as @thereikicoach.