It’s Valentine’s Day Week and I’ve got romantic love on my mind. In honor of the holiday this week’s checklist is 10 Ways to Show Love To My Husband.
My list includes:
- Say “I love you.” I used to have a big fear that I would leave the house and God forbid anything happened, I wouldn’t have said I love you to my husband. So every time either of us left the house I made sure to kiss my husband and say “I love you.” I realized that I stopped doing that as much, so I will say it more often.
- Hug and Kiss More. Hugs & kisses are always a good thing. I never want to feel stingy in this area.
- Have Weekly Date Night and Keep it Sacred. This is an area that has been rather aspirational for us. We have said we want weekly date nights and then “something” comes up and it turns into monthly or even bi-monthly date night. I think that keeping this promise to our relationship and treating it as sacred (committing to it and being completely present when I’m in it) will be a wonderful way to show my love.
- Give him freedom and space to pursue his passions – surf, ski, other. I want my husband to be as happy as he can be. For him, he’s happiest on a surf board in the middle of the ocean followed closely by being on skis on the way down a mountain. I’ll show my love by never begrudging him time to pursue this by himself or with his friends and/or my son.
- Learn to surf and ski so I can share these with him. While I never want to begrudge my husband his alone time, I want to also be able to share his passions with him. To show my love, I’ll learn.
- Tell him daily 5 things I appreciate about him. Appreciation is such a powerful way to show love. I want to make it a nightly habit.
- Sex. Does this really need explaining?
- Acts of Service – little gestures to show I’m thinking of him. I want to think – “how can I be kind and loving to my husband?” and do that.
- Gifts – little gestures to show I’m thinking of him. My husband never expects gifts, but they do give him so much joy when he receives one. I want to help bring that joy out in him more often.
- Be present. When we’re talking/connecting, I want to be fully present for him – no screens or other distractions allowed.
Those are the items on my list. What’s on your list? How do you show your significant other love. Share in the comments or share on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #52checklistsproject. I can’t wait to find out how you show love.