The Academy Awards show is coming up on Sunday February 8! We can’t wait to see who wins! And what better way to enjoy and share the excitement than being with your good friends. Have a killer Oscar party and invite them all.
What do you need to do? Don’t stress, we’ve done the research for you.
We found this great Oscar planning party article that we want to share with you, “Oscar Party Ideas: 7 Ways To Throw The Perfect Party” by Jim Donnelly, that is simple and to the point.
Donnelly highlights the following ideas for the party:
1. Invite Lots of Friends: Life gets busy. That’s why a big event like Oscar Sunday is the perfect opportunity to see all those friends you don’t see enough. Mixing in different social groups is a cool way to introduce strangers to each other, and add to the liveliness of the party.
2. Guess the Winners: Get ballots for all your attendees and see who can guess the most correct winers for the different categories. Need a ballot? Check out the full list of Oscar Nominees!
3. Dress to Impress: You don’t have to go overboard, but it is definitely fun to get all gussied up like the stars for just one night. You can even roll out your own red carpet on the front porch to add to the ambiance. Another fun activity is to dress up like your favorite movie characters.
4. Have a Feast of Food: This does not need to be crazy. If you want to save time and money, do a potluck thing. You can even stick with the theme and offer awards for Best Appetizer, Best Libation, Best Entrée and Best Dessert! Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. Try some Chocolate Peanut Butter Puffed Rice or a Blood and Sand cocktail!
5. Award Your Own Oscar Statuettes: You can get little plastic ones by the bagful at your local party store or on Amazon. Hand them out as parting gifts as your guests start filing out after the Best Picture is announced, or you can give them as gifts for the Best Food Awards (see above). This is a definitely memorable favor, no one will soon forget.
6. Decorate the Place: Red carpets at the door, champagne bottle favors, special ballot envelopes, movie posters on the walls are all very special touches. Simple streamers and balloons will work, too. What’s important is to capture the glamour of the big event.
7. Watch the Oscars Live: It’s the reason you’re all there, right?We suggest you start the party early to enjoy the stars as they come down the red carpet (one of my favorite parts). Enjoy the glamour and the show, but more importantly, enjoy the company, food and fun!
You now have 7 ideas on how to throw a super Oscar Party. We’re sure you’ll come up with many more on your own. If you do, please share them in the comments below!