For this week’s Checklist Project, I’m sharing 10 Powerful Questions that I Ask Myself.
I believe the most powerful thing you can do to transform your life for the better is to ask yourself powerful questions. Most people either ask no questions (generally because they think they know everything already, have no curiosity, or are afraid) or they ask very bad questions. When you ask no questions, you will stay stuck and doing the same thing. Ever hear the quote – “if you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting”. If you’re never asking questions like “how can I change or improve what I’m doing to get better results?,” you’re going to stay in the exact same place. So instead of thinking things like “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” ask “it ain’t broke, but how can I improve it?”
Almost worst than asking no questions at all is asking yourself bad disempowering questions. For example, which of these questions are you most likely to ask of yourself – “What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I get better?” or “What’s right with me? How can I hone it?” Ask yourself those sets of questions and see how they make you feel. The former tends to shut you down and discourage, while the latter opens you up and inspires.
Successful people ask great questions and/or have people around them who ask them great questions. That’s one of the things that I most love about coaching. As a coach my main job is to ask powerful questions of our clients. When a really powerful question lands the client lights up and says “that’s a great question!” The question opens up a whole new avenue for them that they never considered and solutions show up. I want to leave you with ten powerful questions today to open you up. Sit with them and see what comes up. Also share the questions with others. You’ll be thrilled with the transformation that results when you shift the questions you ask yourselves.
Here are my ten powerful questions for my checklist:
- If happiness were the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? What would it take for you to do it?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? What could you do to truly live more?
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- What is wanting to be born through you?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What could you do to double your income in the next 12 months?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What’s next? What’s your next best step?
Ask yourself these questions and watch how they make you fly! I invite you to share your answers and/or your favorite questions in the comments below. Make your own checklist of questions and share it here, on twitter or on Facebook with the tag #52checklistsproject.
Monick Paul Halm is the Chief Creative Officer at the Checklist Mom. She has made it her mission to empower women and moms to thrive in their lives, families, and career choices. She’s a busy mom of 3, certified life and career coach, author, speaker, and real estate investor. She’s a wearer of many hats, and juggler of many duties and loves connecting with our moms. You can connect with her on the Checklist Mom Facebook Page and on twitter as @thereikicoach.